I went to Vegas! Pt. 2

Yup still in Vegas. I fly out tomorrow morning. I’m in the hotel right now. Been here since anout 2pm when it started to get really hot. And now I’m getting ready to go out again. Earlier I talked about my reasons for coming here, along with my first impressions on Vegas and the stigma that surrounds it. Now I’ll talk about what I’ve actually done.

So I took the public transit bus from the airport to the Strip. I hope that gives an idea as to how I planned to handle this trip. I landed around 11am. By 11:30, I was at the first Casino/Hotel/Mall I visited, MGM Grand. My original plan had been to find somewhere with good seafood to eat. But I got tempted by their “Grand Buffet”, so I ate their instead. Not that I’m upset about having done that, but I wish I had chosen a little better.

Adterward, I began walking up the Strip. GPS said it was about a 30 min wall up from MGM to the Flamingo, my hotel. But it was so hot that I kept ducking inside whenever I had a chance to cool off. This made that 30 minute walk about 1:30, which put at the hotel around 2pm. 30 minutes to check in because of the line… That’s something I’ll have to get used to. But I was in my room by around 3pm or so. Totally tired. Just chilling, trying to decide what to do.

Finally, I decided to call up Battlefield Las Vegas, a shooting range/military equipment museum. And surprisingly, they were able to accomodate me (namely, pick me up). And they did! I was there until about 7:30pm when I got a ride to the Venetian where I picked up the GoVegas pass I purchased from Expedia. It gave me 3 attractions to visit.

The first one I did that night, at Planet Hollywood, I went to V! the Greatest Variety Show. And it was great indeed. But sadly I was so spent by that time that I was nodding off. After the show, I got some hotdog and nachos, which was the perfect amount of food I wanted to eat based on how I was feeling after the buffet. And finally I went to the hotel room a d tucked it in for the night… That was around 10:30pm or so (show ended at 10pm, it took me about 30 mins to walk to my hotel abd get the food).

This morning, I woke up super refreshed! It was around 8:30am, but I didnt get out of bed until 9am or so… Big mistake! I finally went down to get my free breakfast and I had to stand in line for maybe 45 mins. I got my food and ate in my room, and I finally went out around 10:30am. I first explored the south side of the Strip but I got bored and found a cigar lounge on the north side by Caeser’s Palace. So I went there, then to Cheesecake Factory, and generally just walked around taking things in. Around 1pm or so I got back to the South side abd redeemed my secobd attraction, tickets to another Variety/Musical for tonight. I was gonna redeem my final one but it was so hot, I decided to go back to to my hotel and go to the pool. But while I was shower and getting ready, I noticed my nose and forehead was feeling a little sore… The beginnings of sunburn!!! So i cancelled the pool trip and just rested in my room for a while. Alright off to searchh for a good supper before maybe going up the Eifel Tower for my 3rd attraction before going to that show. Weeee!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s